7.1.10

David Chong Lee



I discovered David Chong Lee after my secondary school art teacher told me to have a look at a book by Chong Lee (God Made Dirt and Dirt Don’t Hurt.). Ever since I have tried to get my hands on a copy of that book. Having a look on Amazon it is now priced over £40.

I have always been interested in all aspects of urban art. The thing that really standed out with Chong Lee was the fact that in school you are told to look at historical artists that everyone knows who created beautiful/monumental paintings.
Although Chong Lee painted some real eye catching art, he liked a good mix of both urban grunginess and clean cut colourful cleanliness.

I like the fact that he could have easily created these pieces by computer graphics, instead he chooses to get his hands dirty using a mix of collage and paint.

My favourite are the paintings of the homeless.


No comments:

Post a Comment